Laurel Hill Cemetery’s gates are open 7 days a week, 365 days a year on the following schedule:
November 1 to April 30: 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
May 1 to October 31: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Admission is free, and we invite guests to visit Laurel Hill at their leisure for a self-guided walking and driving tours, exercise, nature walks, dog-walking (with a leash), biking, picnics, or relaxation.
- Free maps are available in the brochure racks at the Gatehouse and Central Gate entrances.
- Download the map before you arrive.
- Souvenir maps are available in the Gift Shop for $3 and highlight a selection of our best-known residents.
There are two free mobile applications you can use to explore Laurel Hill Cemetery:
To take an audio tour of cemetery highlights, download our mobile app, “Laurel Hill Cemetery”
This app includes:
- 32 highlighted locations
- Determine your own path or select from one of three themed tours:
- Art & Architecture
- Pop Culture & Contemporary Stories
- Lore & Legends
- Professional voice narration and excerpts from the Cemetery’s Superintendent and tour guides
- GPS-enabled map
- Collection of contemporary and historic images
- Original music scores by The Divine Hand Ensemble
To navigate to a specific grave at Laurel Hill Cemetery, download our webCemeteries app through this link (Android & Apple supported):
The Friends of Laurel Hill & West Laurel Hill Cemeteries welcome school groups, organizations, special parties, or just friends and families who are interested in taking a personalized tour of our cemeteries.
Please note that ALL privately organized group tours and outings MUST be approved in advance by the Friends of Laurel Hill & West Laurel Hill Cemeteries, and that guided tours MUST be conducted by one of our certified Tour Guides or a staff member. External organizations and parties are forbidden from using the Cemetery for personal profit or private activities not first approved by Laurel Hill and West Laurel Hill. We are not a public or city-run park, but a nonprofit, privately-owned organization. Proceeds raised through our public and private programming directly support the preservation of Laurel Hill Cemetery as a National Historic Landmark and West Laurel Hill Cemetery as listed site on the National Register of Historic Places.
To schedule a private Ghost Hunt with your group, download the Private Ghost Hunt Planning Guide and complete this reservation form. A staff person will be in contact shortly after the reservation form is received.
Check out upcoming programs here.