What is the Gravediggers’ Ball?
The Gravediggers’ Ball is the annual fundraiser of the Friends of Laurel Hill Cemetery, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization working to preserve, interpret and promote the site for which it exists. Since its establishment in 1836, Laurel Hill Cemetery has been maintained as a free and fully accessible educational, environmental and recreational resource for both nearby communities and faraway visitors. It has served equally as a place of enjoyment for the living and one of peaceful rest for the dead for 180 years. All proceeds from the Gravediggers’ Ball directly support the ongoing public accessibility, preservation and interpretation of historic Laurel Hill Cemetery.
Why Support Laurel Hill Cemetery?
Today, Laurel Hill stands as the first cemetery in the United States to be honored with the designation of National Historic Landmark. It is the final resting place of over 75,000 people, including many notables who impacted the histories of our city and nation. The cemetery boasts stunning art and architecture and one-of-a-kind river vistas, while serving as a safe, green, park-like asset in the heart of its North Philadelphia community. In recent years, Laurel Hill has become an international leader in creative programming and adaptive reuses for historic cemeteries around the world.
To learn more about the 12th Annual Gravediggers’ Ball, please visit gravediggersball.org.
- WHAT TICKETS INCLUDE:
- 1.5 hours full, open-bar cocktails with stationary and butlered hors d'oeuvres (cash bar opens at 8:30pm)
- Full dinner service with wine and desserts
- Complimentary parking on site
- Live music, raffles, and a diverse selection of Auction items to bid upon
- A tax-deductible benefit on each ticket sale
- The chance to support one of America's most important National Historic Landmarks
- Great memories for years to come
- Table of Ten: $1,800
- Gold Level Patron: $500 per person
- Silver Level Patron: $350 per person
- General Admission: $200 per person
- Young Friends Level (ages 21-35): $150 per person
- DATE AND LOCATION:
Friday, October 21, 2016, 7pm-12am
Crystal Tea Room
100 Penn Square East
Philadelphia, PA 19107