Volunteer Flag Placement on Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 10:00 AM
The General Meade Society of Philadelphia, in conjunction with the Friends of Laurel Hill & West Laurel Hill Cemeteries, call all volunteers to assist in preparing for the nation’s Memorial Day commemoration. Those assembled will be assigned to place American flags on the grave sites of Veterans that served in all of our nation’s wars. As time and manpower permit, in addition to Laurel Hill, cemeteries covered may include Mount Moriah, Mount Peace, and St. James the Less.
The flag placement will take place on Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 10:00 am, departing from Laurel Hill Cemetery’s Gatehouse entrance at 3822 Ridge Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19132. Free parking is located in the lot across the street from the Gatehouse.
Social Distancing Guidelines for Flag Placement
To maintain the safety of guests and staff the following guideline are in effect for all in-person tours:
- All volunteers must volunteer in advance and spots are limited to 30 people.
- There will be a table set up for check-in. A staff person will ask screening questions before admitting guests into the class to make sure guests have not been exposed to COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will issue you a refund or credit for your ticket purchase.
- Anyone older than 2 years of age must wear a mask or face covering over their nose and mouth at all times
- Everyone in the class must practice social distancing with anyone outside of their household
- A staff person will be on hand during the class to ensure that these guidelines are followed
- Guests acknowledge that the Friends of Laurel Hill & West Laurel Hill Cemeteries reserves the right to disclose the identity and contact information of any and all guests to government-authorized individuals, agencies, or organizations for the purposes of contact-tracing in adherence with local, state, or federal requirements, recommendations, or guidelines.
- Anyone who receives a positive test result for COVID-19 within 14 days of attending an in-person program should email email@example.com immediately.