Titanic Walking Tour at Laurel Hill on Sunday, April 11, 2021 at 11:00 am and 1:00 pm
April 15, 1912. Newspapers across the globe spread the tragic news; the unsinkable Titanic, on her maiden voyage, had sunk. On that morning, the world tried to comprehend how such a fate could have claimed that modern marvel! We know the numbers: approximately 1,500 perished and 700 survived. To this day, her sinking still fascinates the masses. Join us as we tell the tales of some of the victims—and survivors—who now rest in Laurel Hill Cemetery.
Meet members of Philadelphia’s most prominent families, Charlotte Drake Cardeza, who occupied one of the most expensive suites on the ship; William Dulles, whose body was recovered from the icy waters; the Wideners and Elkins, and learn their fate and how their lives were forever changed that historic night.
This hour and a half walking tour will take place on Sunday, April 11 at 11:00 am and again at 1:00 pm. Enter at Laurel Hill Cemetery’s Gatehouse entrance at 3822 Ridge Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19132. Free parking is located in the lot across the street from the Gatehouse.
Tickets must be purchased in advance.
Ticket pricing is $15/General Admission, $13/Seniors (65 & Up), $13/Students with ID, $10/Members, $7.50/Youth (6-12), and $0/Child (5 & Under). Please note - youth and children must be accompanied by an adult.
Tour Guide: Lora Lewis
Social Distancing Guidelines for In-Person Tours
To maintain the safety of guests and staff the following guideline are in effect for all in-person tours:
- Tickets must be purchased in advance and tours are limited to 15 people.
- There will be a table set up for check-in. A staff person will ask screening questions before admitting guests on the tour to make sure guests have not been exposed to COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19, please email email@example.com and we will issue you a refund or credit for your ticket purchase.
- Anyone older than 2 years of age must wear a mask or face covering over their nose and mouth at all times
- Everyone on the tour must practice social distancing with anyone outside of their household
- A staff person will be on hand on the tour to ensure that these guidelines are followed
- Guests acknowledge that the Friends of Laurel Hill & West Laurel Hill Cemeteries reserves the right to disclose the identity and contact information of any and all guests to government-authorized individuals, agencies, or organizations for the purposes of contact-tracing in adherence with local, state, or federal requirements, recommendations, or guidelines.
- Anyone who receives a positive test result for COVID-19 within 14 days of attending an in-person program should email firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.