Arboretum Walking Tour, Sunday, January 16 from 1 to 3 PM EST
This event is SOLD OUT
Explore our arboretum in honor of Tu B’Shevat, the Jewish new year of the trees! Arboretum Manager and Board-Certified Master Arborist Aaron Greenberg and Rebekka Goldsmith will lead participants in exploring the arboretum with intention. The tour will focus on prominent evergreen trees while identifying leafless trees by their bark, branch arrangement, berries, and buds and pausing to reflect on their beauty and splendor. Special attention will be given to trees with historical significance to West Laurel Hill and Philadelphia horticulture. After the tour, enjoy the fruits of trees (and woody plants!) with to-go snacks, water, and wine.
All tree enthusiasts and appreciators are welcome!
Tour Leaders: Aaron Greenberg and Rebekka Goldsmith
- Restrooms will not be available before or after this tour.
- All employees and visitors (including children who are too young to be vaccinated) are required to wear a mask while inside our buildings.
- Everyone is strongly encouraged to wear them on the grounds, regardless of vaccination status
- Tour Leaders will be wearing masks and using a headset amplifier to allow for distancing amongst guests.
This program is presented in partnership with the Weitzman National Museum of American Jewish History and members of the museum can register at the member price.
Date: Sunday, January 16
Time: 1 - 3 PM EST
Cost: Tickets must be purchased in advance.
- $15/General Admission (Ages 13 and up)
- $13/Seniors (Ages 65+) and Students with ID
- $10/Members of the Friends of Laurel Hill & West Laurel Hill Cemeteries and the Museum
- $7.50/Youth (Ages 6-12)
- Free/Children ages 5 and under
- Please note: Youth and Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- We will depart from the CONSERVATORY inside West Laurel Hill Cemetery (not the first building you see).
- Directions for getting to West Laurel Hill Cemetery are linked here.
- West Laurel Hill Cemetery is located at 225 Belmont Avenue, Bala Cynwyd PA 19004 (GPS directions: please use 340 Belmont Avenue).
- When you arrive and enter the cemetery you will pass two sets of gates and see a white line on the road. Follow this line to the Conservatory.
- Free parking is available outside the Conservatory.
- NOTE FOR UBER/LYFT RIDERS: Have your driver go into the cemetery following the above directions—otherwise, you will have a 5–10-minute walk to the event location.
- Accessible parking is available at the Conservatory.
- This tour does require going up and down hills and on uneven terrain.
- Please email email@example.com if you have specific accessibility questions or needs.