Saturday, October 12, 2019 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM
On a mid-October evening, performers will regale you with true tales from Laurel Hill Cemetery’s historic tombs. Complete with scandal, mystery and murder, True Tales from the Tombs will feature stories of the Cemetery’s most provocative and memorable permanent residents, as they return from the dead to tell their stories. Featuring The Not Ready for After-Life Players as storytellers of these tormented tales, the candlelit tours will depart every 20 minutes through the stones and mausoleums of Laurel Hill. Afterwards, slow your heart rate with seasonal refreshments and cocktails aside blazing fire pits.
Please note the 7:00, 7:20, 8:00, and 8:20 pm time slots are sold out. Limited tickets for 7:40, 8:40, and 9:00 pm time slots are available. (Click Other Times on the Purchase Ticket page to choose another time slot).
True Tales from the Tombs is scheduled at Laurel Hill: Saturday, October 12 from 7:00 to 9:00 pm. Tours will last approximately 45 minutes and depart every 20 minutes, with the final tour departing at 9:00 pm. Attendees are advised to wear comfortable clothes and shoes, and to bring a flashlight.
Ticket pricing is $25/General Admission, $23/Seniors (65 & Up), $23/Students with ID, $20/Members, $12.50Youth (6-12), and $0/Child (5 & Under). Tickets can be purchased at the door or online. Tickets can be purchased at the door or online at www.thelaurelhillcemetery.org. Upon arrival, register at Laurel Hill Cemetery’s Gatehouse entrance, 3822 Ridge Avenue, Philadelphia, PA, 19132.
Youth and children must be accompanied by an adult.
What to Expect at True Tales from the Tombs
We have one GRAVE rule at Laurel Hill which is to stay off the gravestones! Thus, please do not sit, stand, lean or climb on headstones or monuments.
EVENT LOCATION & SCHEDULE
Gates will open at 7:00 pm and tours will start from the Gatehouse every 20 minutes. Most of the tour route will be on paved roads and sidewalks but a small portion of the tour will be across grass.
- Check in will be at the Gatehouse at 3822 Ridge Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19132
- Your pre-scheduled tour time is the start time on your ticket so please arrive 10 to 15 minutes before your assigned time
- Volunteers will be on hand to assist you along the tour route
- Public restrooms are available for use at the Gatehouse
FOOD AND DRINKS
- A refreshment table will be set up with hot cider (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), water, cookies and candy
WEATHER & CONDITIONS
The weather is expected to be cloudy with the temperature in the mid 60s, so please prepare accordingly. After sunset, the cemetery gets dark so please also wear comfortable shoes and bring a flashlight.
GETTING HERE AND LIMITED PARKING
Directions on getting to Laurel Hill Cemetery are linked here. We STRONGLY encourage public transportation carpooling, and biking since there is limited parking near the cemetery. We will not be parking cars in the cemetery for this event.
- Public Transportation:The 61 Bus stops right outside the Gatehouse, by the main entrance on 3822 Ridge Avenue
- Bicycles:There are bike racks on your right as you enter through the main gates
- The only parking lot options are across from the Gatehouse at 3822 Ridge Avenue and at East Falls Fitness Parking lot at 3751 Ridge Avenue
- Street Parking is ONLY available along W Indiana Avenue, Shedwick Street and 34th Street located behind Ridge Avenue
- PLEASE NOTE: Parking on Ridge Avenue is extremely dangerous to both cars and pedestrians. We STRONGLY advise against parking on Ridge avenue and if you choose to park there, you do so at your own risk.