At Laurel Hill Cemetery on Saturday, October 30, 2021 with Tours Starting at 6:00 pm
On the night before Halloween, performers will regale you with true tales from Laurel Hill Cemetery’s historic tombs. Complete with scandal, mystery, and murder, True Tales from the Tombs will feature stories of the Cemetery’s most provocative and memorable permanent residents, as they return from the dead to tell their stories. Featuring The Not Ready for After-Life Players as storytellers of these tormented tales, the candlelit tours will wander through the stones and mausoleums of Laurel Hill.
Leaving every 30-minutes, beginning at 6:00 pm, guests will embark on a 45-minute walk through the cemetery, making several stops to hear the tales from the dead and when returning back to Gatehouse are welcome to hot and cold refreshments, cookies, and candy by fire pits. Please arrive at the beginning time on your ticket.
Ticket pricing is $25/General Admission, $23/Seniors (65 & Up), $23/Students with ID, $20/Members, $12.50/Youth (6-12), Free/Children (0-5). Please note - youth must be accompanied by an adult.
Inclement Weather Date: Saturday, November 6, 2021
*We will announce use of the inclement weather date by 1 PM on Saturday, October 30 online, via email, and on our social media*
See below for important event information, including directions and parking. A reminder email will also be sent to ticket holders a day before the program start day.
Check in will be in the Courtyard of the Gatehouse located at Laurel Hill Cemetery’s main entrance:
3822 Ridge Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19132
Please have your tickets ready for scanning upon check in either on your phone or printed.
We recommend using public transit, carpooling, a ride share service, biking, or walking to the event due to limited parking.
RIDESHARE DROP OFF (UBER/LYFT): Use Laurel Hill’s address and designated drop off lanes
ACCESSIBLE PARKING is limited and available across from the Gatehouse entrance.
SEPTA PUBLIC TRANSIT: Route 61 bus drops off along the cemetery
BICYCLES: Are allowed in the cemetery.
GENERAL PARKING is limited, free, self-park, and available on a first come, first served basis in the following locations:
- Across from the Gatehouse
- In the neighborhood across from the Gatehouse (please be courteous to our neighbors)
WHAT TO WEAR/BRING:
- Face mask
- We prefer you as a guest, not a resident (yet!)
- To maintain the safety of visitors and staff, we strongly recommend wearing a face mask and practicing social distancing while at Laurel Hill and West Laurel Hill Cemeteries, regardless of vaccination status
- Face masks are REQUIRED to enter the buildings and restrooms.
- Comfortable shoes for walking
- Clothing to be comfortable outdoors for the event duration.
- Flashlight (may be available for purchase in the Gift Shop upon arrival)
- Accessible parking is limited and available across from the entrance at 3822 Ridge Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19132
- Participants should be prepared to be on their feet for 2 hours crossing varied terrain, including inclines, grass, and pavement.
- An accessible restroom is available.
- Please email email@example.com if you have specific accessibility questions.