Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 1:00 pm
Adopted sons, signers of the Declaration, painters, sculptors, men of science, ladies of belles-lettres, famous physicians, pariahs of free press, purveyors of fine wine and, of course, political provokers both friend and foe: all recognized by Thomas Jefferson as luminaries in our nation’s early “Constellation of Worthies.” They now rest peacefully at Laurel Hill; but their stories refuse to conform to those tenets, boldly demanding to be told. This walking tour will be led by foremost Jefferson scholar and acclaimed portrayer of America’s third President, William David Barker (www.thethomasjefferson.com), who will be visiting Laurel Hill from his home in Williamsburg, Virginia.
The tour will take place on Sunday, October 18 at 1:00 pm, departing from Laurel Hill Cemetery’s Gatehouse entrance at 3822 Ridge Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19132. Free parking is located in the lot across the street from the Gatehouse.
Tickets must be purchased in advance.
Ticket pricing is $15/General Admission, $13/Seniors (65 & Up), $13/Students with ID, $10/Members, $7.50/Youth (6-12), and $0/Child (5 & Under). Tickets can be purchased at the door or online.
Please note - youth and children must be accompanied by an adult.
Tour Guide: Bill Barker
Social Distancing Guidelines for In-Person Tours
To maintain the safety of guests and staff the following guidelines are in effect for all in-person tours:
- Tickets must be purchased in advance and tours are limited to 10 people
- There will be a table set up for check-in. A staff person will ask three screening questions before admitting guests on the tour to make sure guests have not been exposed to COVID 19 in the past two weeks. (If you think you have been exposed to Covid-19, please email email@example.com and we will issue you a credit for your ticket purchase).
- Anyone older than 2 years of age must wear a mask or facial covering over their nose and mouth at all times
- Everyone on the tour is asked to practice social distancing with anyone outside of their household
- A staff person will be on hand on the tour to ensure that these guidelines are followed