SOLD OUT: Saturday, October 26, 2019 at 7:00 PM
Soul Crawl on Saturday, October 26 is SOLD OUT
Laurel Hill Cemetery’s classic Halloween flashlight tours have become a mainstay of the season. Experience the enchanting art and landscape after dark, as an experienced tour guide leads you along winding, dimly-lit pathways. The extended nighttime walking tours will focus on the cemetery’s rich history, and of course, some of the liveliest spirits buried within. Tours will last approximately two hours, and will be followed by seasonal refreshments and cocktails aside blazing fire pits.
Two evenings of the Soul Crawl: Haunted History Halloween Tours are scheduled at Laurel Hill: Friday, October 25 and Saturday, October 26 at 7:00 pm, sharp. Upon arrival, check in at Laurel Hill Cemetery’s Gatehouse entrance, 3822 Ridge Avenue, Philadelphia PA, 19132. Attendees are advised to dress warmly, wear comfortable walking shoes, and to bring a flashlight.
Please note - youth and children must be accompanied by an adult.
WHAT TO EXPECT __________________________________________________________________________________________
A few things to note:
We have one GRAVE rule at Laurel Hill, which is to stay off the gravestones! Thus, please do not sit, stand, lean, or climb on headstones or monuments while touring the grounds.
EVENT LOCATION & SCHEDULE
Gates will open at 7:00 pm and tours will start from the Gatehouse. Tour routes will both be on paved roads and across grass; please wear sturdy, waterproof shoes and bring a flashlight.
- Check in will be at the Gatehouse at 3822 Ridge Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19132
- Public restrooms are available for use at the Gatehouse
FOOD AND DRINKS
- A refreshment table will be available with hot cider (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), water, cookies, and candy after your walking tour.
GETTING HERE AND LIMITED PARKING
Directions on getting to Laurel Hill Cemetery are linked here. We STRONGLY encourage public transportation, carpooling, and biking since there is limited parking near the cemetery. We will not be parking cars in the cemetery for this event.
- Public Transportation:The 61 Bus stops right outside the Gatehouse, by the main entrance on 3822 Ridge Avenue
- Bicycles:There are bike racks on your right as you enter through the main gates
- The only parking lot options are across from the Gatehouse at 3822 Ridge Avenue and at East Falls Fitness Parking lot at 3751 Ridge Avenue
- Street Parking is ONLY available along W Indiana Avenue, Shedwick Street and 34th Street located behind Ridge Avenue (see the map below)
- PLEASE NOTE: Parking on Ridge Avenue is extremely dangerous to both cars and pedestrians. We STRONGLY advise against parking on Ridge Avenue, and if you choose to park there, you do so at your own risk.