General History Tour, Saturday, February 26 from 10 AM to 11:30 AM
The expansion of Fairmount Park in the 1860s prevented further growth of Laurel Hill, and in 1869 West Laurel Hill was established just across the river in Bala Cynwyd. This walking tour provides a wonderful overview of West Laurel Hill’s long and colorful history, including its architectural artistry, stunning trees and horticulture, and the stories of residents that encompass diverse and fascinating Philadelphia history. Sacred Spaces and Storied Places is the perfect introductory tour for anyone who wants to learn all that West Laurel Hill Cemetery has to offer. Experienced tour guides offer visitors a unique perspective and every Sacred Spaces tour is different!
Tour Guide: Nicole Tell
Date: Saturday, February 26
Time: 10 – 11:30 AM
$12/General Admission (Ages 13 and up)
$10/Seniors (Ages 65+) and Students with ID
$7/Members of the Friends of Laurel Hill & West Laurel Hill Cemeteries and the Museum
$6/Youth (Ages 6-12)
Free/Ages 5 and under
Please note - youth and children must be accompanied by an adult.
Tickets must be purchased in advance.
We will depart from the CONSERVATORY inside West Laurel Hill Cemetery (not the first building you see).
- Directions for getting to West Laurel Hill Cemetery are linked here.
- West Laurel Hill Cemetery is located at 225 Belmont Avenue, Bala Cynwyd PA 19004 (GPS directions: please use 340 Belmont Avenue).
- When you arrive and enter the cemetery you will pass two sets of gates and see a white line on the road. Follow this line to the Conservatory
- NOTE FOR UBER/LYFT RIDERS: Have your driver go into the cemetery following the above directions—otherwise, you will have a 5–10-minute walk to the event location.
- Free parking is available outside the Conservatory