Walking Tour at West Laurel Hill on Saturday, February 27, 2021 at 1:00 pm
The expansion of Fairmount Park in the 1860s prevented further growth of Laurel Hill, and in 1869 our sister cemetery, West Laurel Hill, was established just across the river in Bala Cynwyd. This general walking tour provides a wonderful overview of West Laurel Hill’s long and colorful history, including its architectural artistry, stunning trees and horticulture, and the stories of residents that encompass diverse and fascinating Philadelphia history. The cemetery’s nearly 200 acres of gently rolling hills, mature trees, historic architecture, majestic mausoleums and wildlife create a true year-round garden experience.
Sacred Spaces and Storied Places is the perfect introductory tour for anyone who enjoys beautiful art, scenic nature, and fascinating history. Experienced tour guides offer visitors a unique perspective for every tour.
The walking tour will take place on Saturday, February 27, 2021 at 1:00 pm. It departs from the West Laurel Hill Conservatory at 225 Belmont Avenue Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004. Free parking is located just outside of the Conservatory entrance and directions to the Conservatory are given here.
Tickets must be purchased in advance.
Ticket pricing is $12/General Admission, $10/Seniors (65 & Up), $10/Students with ID, $7/Members, $6/Youth (6-12), and $0/Child (5 & Under). Please note - youth and children must be accompanied by an adult.
Tour Guide: Sarah Hamill
Social Distancing Guidelines for In-Person Tours
To maintain the safety of guests and staff the following guideline are in effect for all in-person tours:
- Tickets must be purchased in advance and tours are limited to 15 people.
- There will be a table set up for check-in. A staff person will ask screening questions before admitting guests on the tour to make sure guests have not been exposed to COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19, please email email@example.com and we will issue you a refund or credit for your ticket purchase.
- Anyone older than 2 years of age must wear a mask or face covering over their nose and mouth at all times
- Everyone on the tour must practice social distancing with anyone outside of their household
- A staff person will be on hand on the tour to ensure that these guidelines are followed
- Guests acknowledge that the Friends of Laurel Hill & West Laurel Hill Cemeteries reserves the right to disclose the identity and contact information of any and all guests to government-authorized individuals, agencies, or organizations for the purposes of contact-tracing in adherence with local, state, or federal requirements, recommendations, or guidelines.
- Anyone who receives a positive test result for COVID-19 within 14 days of attending an in-person program should email firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.