Walking Tour, Book Signing and Reception at West Laurel Hill on Wednesday, May 12, 2021, at 5:00 pm
Join Paul Meyer, retired F. Otto Haas executive director of Morris Arboretum, and Aaron Greenberg, Arboretum Manager of Laurel Hill and West Laurel Hill Cemeteries and Arboretum for an exclusive tour of the specimen trees and shrubs of West Laurel Hill Cemetery. They will highlight flowering dove-trees and dogwoods as well as the spectacular azalea display and feature some of the specimens mentioned in the Philadelphia Trees: A Field Guide to the City and the Surrounding Delaware Valley that Paul co-authored. Join Paul and Aaron after the tour for a book signing and socially-distanced cocktail hour!
Philadelphia Trees is available in advance via the Friends of Laurel Hill & West Laurel Hill Cemeteries’ online gift shop here and will be available for purchase during the event.
This walking tour, book signing, and reception will take place on Wednesday, May 12, 2021, from 5:00 to 7:00 pm (with a prescheduled rain date on Thursday, May 13, 2021, from 5:00 to 7:00 pm). The tour will depart from the West Laurel Hill Conservatory at 225 Belmont Avenue, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004. Free parking is located just outside of the Conservatory entrance and directions to the Conservatory are given here.
Tickets must be purchased in advance.
Ticket pricing is $40/General Admission, $38/Seniors (65 & Up), and $35/Members.
Tour Guides: Paul Meyer & Aaron Greenberg
Social Distancing Guidelines for In-Person Tours
To maintain the safety of guests and staff the following guideline are in effect for all in-person tours:
- Tickets must be purchased in advance and tours are limited to 15 people.
- There will be a table set up for check-in. A staff person will ask screening questions before admitting guests on the tour to make sure guests have not been exposed to COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will issue you a refund or credit for your ticket purchase.
- Anyone older than 2 years of age must wear a mask or face covering over their nose and mouth at all times
- Everyone on the tour must practice social distancing with anyone outside of their household
- A staff person will be on hand on the tour to ensure that these guidelines are followed
- Guests acknowledge that the Friends of Laurel Hill & West Laurel Hill Cemeteries reserves the right to disclose the identity and contact information of any and all guests to government-authorized individuals, agencies, or organizations for the purposes of contact-tracing in adherence with local, state, or federal requirements, recommendations, or guidelines.
- Anyone who receives a positive test result for COVID-19 within 14 days of attending an in-person program should email email@example.com immediately.