RESCHEDULED A Love Stories Walking Tour at Laurel Hill on Sunday, February 28, 2021 at 3:00 pm
Due to inclement weather on February 14, 2021, this tour has been rescheduled to Sunday, February 28, 2021 at 3:00 pm.
Love and death are the preferred subjects of poets and philosophers across eras and oceans – subjects intertwined in their great mystery, in their power to inspire, to destroy and to change our worlds forever. Considering this, the notion of marking the “spirit” of Valentine’s Day in a cemetery seems natural after all.
Laurel Hill’s Valentine’s Day wintertime walking tour was inspired by the little-known story of a little-known woman whose heart – and only her heart – now lies buried beneath the cemetery’s earth. Learn about her symbolic final gesture and other tales of love as varied as the souls from which they transpired. Some love is eternal, some love ends, and some love ends badly. Devotion, passion, and faith prove to sway destinies as much as greed, lust, and betrayal. Those stories that do not warm your own heart will entertain and tantalize instead.
Tickets include specialty chocolate from Mueller Chocolate Co.
The walking tour will take place on Sunday, February 28, 2021 at 3:00 pm, departing from Laurel Hill Cemetery’s Gatehouse entrance at 3822 Ridge Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19132. Free parking is located in the lot across the street from the Gatehouse.
Tickets must be purchased in advance.
Ticket pricing is $20/General Admission, $18/Seniors (65 & Up), $18/Students with ID, $15/Members, $10/Youth (6-12), and $0/Child (5 & Under). Please note - youth and children must be accompanied by an adult.
Tour Guide: Jessica Heichel
Social Distancing Guidelines for In-Person Tours
To maintain the safety of guests and staff the following guideline are in effect for all in-person tours:
- Tickets must be purchased in advance and tours are limited to 15 people.
- There will be a table set up for check-in. A staff person will ask screening questions before admitting guests on the tour to make sure guests have not been exposed to COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19, please email email@example.com and we will issue you a refund or credit for your ticket purchase.
- Anyone older than 2 years of age must wear a mask or face covering over their nose and mouth at all times
- Everyone on the tour must practice social distancing with anyone outside of their household
- A staff person will be on hand on the tour to ensure that these guidelines are followed
- Guests acknowledge that the Friends of Laurel Hill & West Laurel Hill Cemeteries reserves the right to disclose the identity and contact information of any and all guests to government-authorized individuals, agencies, or organizations for the purposes of contact-tracing in adherence with local, state, or federal requirements, recommendations, or guidelines.
- Anyone who receives a positive test result for COVID-19 within 14 days of attending an in-person program should email firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.