The Ultimate Civil War Tour on Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 1:30 pm
The most bloody and pivotal moment in the history of the American Civil War was the decisive Battle of Gettysburg, fought from July 1st through the 3rd of 1863, only 120 miles away from the home front of Philadelphia. Many prominent Philadelphians were engaged at Gettysburg, some losing their lives for the nation. The Union commander at the battle, General Meade, Division Commander General Crawford, Confederates, and many other officers and enlisted men who participated now rest at Laurel Hill. The tour will also highlight the important roles played by volunteer nurses, surgeons, civilians and supporters of the war effort, whom likewise lie under Laurel Hill’s perpetual care.
The program will take place on Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 1:30 pm, departing from Laurel Hill Cemetery’s Gatehouse entrance at 3822 Ridge Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19132. Free parking is located in the lot across the street from the Gatehouse.
Tickets must be purchased in advance.
Ticket pricing is $15/General Admission, $13/Seniors (65 & Up), $13/Students with ID, $10/Members, $7.50/Youth (6-12), and $0/Child (5 & Under).
Please note - youth and children must be accompanied by an adult.
Tour Guides: Russ Dodge
Social Distancing Guidelines for In-Person Tours
To maintain the safety of guests and staff the following guidelines are in effect for all in-person tours:
- Tickets must be purchased in advance and tours are limited to 10 people
- There will be a table set up in the courtyard for check-in. A staff person will ask three screening questions before admitting guests on the tour to make sure guests have not been exposed to COVID 19 in the past two weeks. (If you think you have been exposed to Covid-19, please email email@example.com and we will issue you a credit for your ticket purchase).
- The accessible bathroom will be available to use and cleaned before the tour.
- Anyone older than 2 years of age must wear a mask or facial covering over their nose and mouth at all times
- Everyone on the tour is asked to practice social distancing with anyone outside of their household
- A staff person will be on hand on the tour to ensure that these guidelines are followed