Famous Civil War Generals Walking Tour on Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 11:00 am
Leadership in war has had a profound effect on individual battles on both sides of the conflict, thus heavily influencing the final outcome of the conflict. Approximately fifty Generals, countless officers, and enlisted men who played an important role in war are now laid to rest in the ‘Valhalla of Philadelphia’ that is Historic Laurel Hill. This walking tour will examine the triumphs and failures that made some men household names, and others lost to history. While their bodies may be gone, the final impact of their leadership—or lack thereof—is still realized today.
The walking tour will take place on Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 11:00 am. Enter at Laurel Hill Cemetery’s Gatehouse entrance at 3822 Ridge Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19132. Free parking is located in the lot across the street from the Gatehouse and within the cemetery.
Tickets must be purchased in advance.
Ticket pricing is $15/General Admission, $13/Seniors (65 & Up), $13/Students with ID, $10/Members, $7.50/Youth (6-12), and $0/Child (5 & Under).
Please note - youth and children must be accompanied by an adult.
Tour Guide: Andy Waskie
Social Distancing Guidelines for In-Person Tours
To maintain the safety of guests and staff the following guidelines are in effect for all in-person tours:
- Tickets must be bought in advance and tours are limited to 10 people
- There will be a table set up in the courtyard for check-in. A staff person will ask three screening questions before admitting guests on the tour to make sure guests have not been exposed to COVID 19 in the past two weeks. (If you think you have been exposed to Covid-19, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will issue you a credit for your ticket purchase).
- The accessible bathroom will be available to use and wiped down between uses.
- Anyone older than 2 years of age must wear a mask or facial covering over their nose and mouth at all times
- Everyone on the tour is asked to practice social distancing with anyone outside of their household
- A staff person will be on hand on the tour to ensure that these guidelines are followed.