Walking Tour at Laurel Hill on Sunday, March 14, 2021 at 1:00 pm
In life and in death, we all have stories to tell and what better place to hear tales of wonder than Philadelphia’s most famous home of the dead? This talk provides an informative overview of Laurel Hill’s long and colorful history, which includes many of the marble masterpieces, stunning views, and legendary stories that afford the cemetery its WOW factor. Hot Spots and Storied Plots is the perfect introduction for anyone who enjoys beautiful art, scenic nature, and fascinating history. Laurel Hill’s experienced graveyard guides offer visitors their own unique perspective.
The tour will take place on Sunday March 14, 2021 at 1:00 pm, departing from Laurel Hill Cemetery’s Gatehouse entrance at 3822 Ridge Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19132. Free parking is located in the lot across the street from the Gatehouse.
Tickets must be purchased in advance.
Ticket pricing is $12/General Admission, $10/Seniors (65 & Up), $10/Students with ID, $7/Members, $6/Youth (6-12), and $0/Child (5 & Under). Please note - youth and children must be accompanied by an adult.
Tour Guide: Shayne Russell
Social Distancing Guidelines for In-Person Tours
To maintain the safety of guests and staff the following guideline are in effect for all in-person tours:
- Tickets must be purchased in advance and tours are limited to 10 people.
- There will be a table set up for check-in. A staff person will ask screening questions before admitting guests on the tour to make sure guests have not been exposed to COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will issue you a refund or credit for your ticket purchase.
- Anyone older than 2 years of age must wear a mask or face covering over their nose and mouth at all times
- Everyone on the tour must practice social distancing with anyone outside of their household
- A staff person will be on hand on the tour to ensure that these guidelines are followed
- Guests acknowledge that the Friends of Laurel Hill & West Laurel Hill Cemeteries reserves the right to disclose the identity and contact information of any and all guests to government-authorized individuals, agencies, or organizations for the purposes of contact-tracing in adherence with local, state, or federal requirements, recommendations, or guidelines.
- Anyone who receives a positive test result for COVID-19 within 14 days of attending an in-person program should email email@example.com immediately.