Friday, November 27, 2020 at 10:00 am
In life and in death, we all have stories to tell and what better place to hear tales of wonder than Philadelphia’s most famous home of the dead? This talk provides an informative overview of Laurel Hill’s long and colorful history, which includes many of the marble masterpieces, stunning views, and legendary stories that afford the cemetery its WOW factor. Hot Spots and Storied Plots is the perfect introduction for anyone who enjoys beautiful art, scenic nature, and fascinating history. Laurel Hill’s experienced graveyard guides offer visitors their own unique perspective.
The tour will take place on Friday, November 27 at 10:00 am, departing from Laurel Hill Cemetery’s Gatehouse entrance at 3822 Ridge Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19132. Free parking is located in the lot across the street from the Gatehouse.
Tickets must be purchased in advance.
Ticket pricing is $12/General Admission, $10/Seniors (65 & Up), $10/Students with ID, $7/Members, $6/Youth (6-12), and $0/Child (5 & Under).
Please note - youth and children must be accompanied by an adult.
Tour Guide: Pattye and Tom Stringer
Social Distancing Guidelines for In-Person Tours
To maintain the safety of guests and staff the following guidelines are in effect for all in-person tours:
- Tickets must be purchased in advance and tours are limited to 10 people
- There will be a table set up for check-in. A staff person will ask three screening questions before admitting guests on the tour to make sure guests have not been exposed to COVID 19 in the past two weeks. (If you think you have been exposed to Covid-19, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will issue you a credit for your ticket purchase).
- Anyone older than 2 years of age must wear a mask or facial covering over their nose and mouth at all times
- Everyone on the tour is asked to practice social distancing with anyone outside of their household
- A staff person will be on hand on the tour to ensure that these guidelines are followed