Sunday, August 30, 2020 at 11:00 am
New ideas and products appear in our lives with breathtaking frequency. Throughout its history, America has been driven by innovation, and Laurel Hill has its share of the creative groundbreakers who have fueled it. Inventors and thinkers, artists and entrepreneurs, this tour will explore the stories behind the people and ideas that have helped shape medicine, education, business, communications, and culture, and laid the foundation for the dynamic world we inhabit today.
The walking tour will take place on Sunday, August 30, 2020 at 11:00 am, departing from Laurel Hill Cemetery’s Gatehouse entrance at 3822 Ridge Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19132. Free parking is located in the lot across the street from the Gatehouse.
Tickets must be purchased in advance.
Ticket pricing is $15/General Admission, $13/Seniors (65 & Up), $13/Students with ID, $10/Members, $7.50/Youth (6-12), and $0/Child (5 & Under).
Please note - youth and children must be accompanied by an adult.
Tour Guide: Marty Foley
Social Distancing Guidelines for In-Person Tours
To maintain the safety of guests and staff the following guidelines are in effect for all in-person tours:
- Tickets must be purchased in advance and tours are limited to 10 people
- There will be a table set up in the courtyard for check-in. A staff person will ask three screening questions before admitting guests on the tour to make sure guests have not been exposed to COVID 19 in the past two weeks. (If you think you have been exposed to Covid-19, please email email@example.com and we will issue you a credit for your ticket purchase).
- The accessible bathroom will be available to use and cleaned before the tour.
- Anyone older than 2 years of age must wear a mask or facial covering over their nose and mouth at all times
- Everyone on the tour is asked to practice social distancing with anyone outside of their household
- A staff person will be on hand on the tour to ensure that these guidelines are followed