Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 1:00 pm
Throughout the ages people have sought ways to escape the daily grind. Relaxing from the rigors of everyday life can range from a lengthy vacation to some distant place to something as simple as a sit down accompanied by a drink, a smoke or some good reading in a comfy chair. Leisure time is a wonderful thing, unless you happen to be one of the individuals we’ll learn about on this tour. So, beware! Idyllic time in the countryside, fresh air at the ocean, a luxury cruise, a camping get away, some golfing, skating or skiing, or just a quiet evening at home reading the paper can instantly morph into last moments in this earthly world. All just proving that time for chillin’ can be killin’ when death decides to come callin’.
The program will take place on Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 1:00 pm, departing from Laurel Hill Cemetery’s Gatehouse entrance at 3822 Ridge Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19132. Free parking is located in the lot across the street from the Gatehouse.
Tickets must be purchased in advance.
Ticket pricing is $15/General Admission, $13/Seniors (65 & Up), $13/Students with ID, $10/Members, $7.50/Youth (6-12), and $0/Child (5 & Under).
Please note - youth and children must be accompanied by an adult
Tour Guide: Nancy Wright
Social Distancing Guidelines for In-Person Tours
To maintain the safety of guests and staff the following guidelines are in effect for all in-person tours:
- Tickets must be purchased in advance and tours are limited to 10 people
- There will be a table set up in the courtyard for check-in. A staff person will ask three screening questions before admitting guests on the tour to make sure guests have not been exposed to COVID 19 in the past two weeks. (If you think you have been exposed to Covid-19, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will issue you a credit for your ticket purchase).
- The accessible bathroom will be available to use and cleaned before the tour.
- Anyone older than 2 years of age must wear a mask or facial covering over their nose and mouth at all times
- Everyone on the tour is asked to practice social distancing with anyone outside of their household
- A staff person will be on hand on the tour to ensure that these guidelines are followed