Thursday, December 31, 2020 at 12:00 pm
The annual General Meade Birthday Celebration will mark the 204th anniversary of the birth of General George G. Meade, commander of the Union Army at the Battle of Gettysburg. A parade of Civil War re-enactors, civilians in period attire, special dignitaries, heritage groups and participants will advance to Meade’s final resting place and memorialize his services to his nation. A 21-gun salute will cap off the program at graveside.
The event will take place on Thursday, December 31 at 12:00 pm, departing from Laurel Hill Cemetery’s Gatehouse entrance at 3822 Ridge Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19132. Free parking is located in the lot across the street from the Gatehouse.
This event is FREE and open to the public but RSVPs are required and limited to 10 people; a $5 donation in support of the Friends of Laurel Hill & West Laurel Hill Cemeteries is appreciated.
Social Distancing Guidelines for In-Person Events
To maintain the safety of guests and staff the following guidelines are in effect for all in-person tours:
- RSVPs for this event are limited.
- There will be a table set up in the courtyard for check-in. A staff person will ask three screening questions before admitting guests on the tour to make sure guests have not been exposed to COVID 19 in the past two weeks. (If you think you have been exposed to Covid-19, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will issue you a credit for your ticket purchase).
- The accessible bathroom will be available to use and cleaned before the tour.
- Anyone older than 2 years of age must wear a mask or facial covering over their nose and mouth at all times
- Everyone at the event is asked to practice social distancing with anyone outside of their household
- A staff person will be on hand to ensure that these guidelines are followed