Astronomy Viewing and Activities at Laurel Hill on Tuesday, April 27, 2020 from 7:00 to 9:00 pm
Enjoy Laurel Hill under the light of a full moon for telescope viewing and astronomy activities with local astronomers and educators. What better place to take in the wonders of the night sky! If you have your own telescope or binoculars, bring them along.
Full Moon Astronomy will take place at Laurel Hill Cemetery on Tuesday, April 27, 2021, from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm weather permitting. (The prescheduled rain date is on Wednesday, April 28, 2021 from 7:00 to 9:00 pm). Visitors can enter through Laurel Hill’s Gatehouse at 3822 Ridge Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19132. There are four free spots behind the gatehouse and ample street parking on West Indiana Avenue, Shedwick Street, and 34th Street located behind Ridge Avenue.
Tickets must be purchased in advance.
Ticket pricing is $20/General Admission, $18/Seniors (65 & Up), $18/Students with ID, $15/Members, $10/Youth (6-12), and $0/Child (5 & Under). Please note - youth and children must be accompanied by an adult.
Social Distancing Guidelines
To maintain the safety of guests and staff the following guideline are in effect:
- You must RSVP in advance and attendance will be limited to 50 people to adhere to Covid-19 restrictions for outdoor gatherings.
- There will be a table set up for check-in. A staff person will ask screening questions before admitting guests on the tour to make sure guests have not been exposed to COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19, please email email@example.com and we will issue you a refund or credit for your ticket purchase.
- Anyone older than 2 years of age must wear a mask or face covering over their nose and mouth at all times
- Everyone on the tour must practice social distancing with anyone outside of their household
- Staff will be on hand to ensure that these guidelines are followed
- Guests acknowledge that the Friends of Laurel Hill & West Laurel Hill Cemeteries reserves the right to disclose the identity and contact information of any and all guests to government-authorized individuals, agencies, or organizations for the purposes of contact-tracing in adherence with local, state, or federal requirements, recommendations, or guidelines.
- Anyone who receives a positive test result for COVID-19 within 14 days of attending an in-person program should email firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.