Fall Family Day at Laurel Hill Cemetery on Sunday, October 31 from 11 AM to 2 PM
Join us Sunday, October 31 from 11 am-2 pm at Laurel Hill Cemetery for our Fall Family Day Halloween celebration! This special event features children’s tours, pumpkin decorating, spooky crafts, fun games and other treats. Come in costume, bring the entire family—even the dog! All are welcome. This event is free, but registration is required.
A section of Ridge Avenue to the North of the cemetery gatehouse will be under construction through the end of 2021. Expect closures along the section from 7am-3pm, Monday through Friday. This will hopefully not affect your experience.
**The Head of the Schuylkill Regatta is October 30 & 31— Kelly Drive may be closed**
Check in will be in the Courtyard of the Gatehouse located at Laurel Hill Cemetery’s main entrance:
3822 Ridge Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19132
We recommend using public transit, carpooling, a ride share service, biking, or walking to the event due to limited parking availability. No parking will be available in the cemetery for this event.
RIDESHARE DROP OFF/PICK UP (UBER/LYFT): Use Laurel Hill’s address
ACCESSIBLE PARKING is limited and available across from the Gatehouse entrance.
SEPTA PUBLIC TRANSIT: Route 61 bus drops off along the cemetery
BICYCLES: Bike racks are located within the cemetery.
GENERAL PARKING is limited, free, and available:
- Across from the Gatehouse
- In the neighborhood across from the Gatehouse *Please be courteous to our neighbors*
This event is come and go as you please; all activities will be in and around the Gatehouse Courtyard
11 AM to 2 PM:
- Pumpkin decorating (while supplies last)
- Crafts, coloring pages, and cemetery scavenger hunts
- Apple cider & cookies
11:30 AM & 1:00 PM:
- Free, hour-long tours of the cemetery for children (and their adults!)
WHAT TO WEAR/BRING:
- Costumes are encouraged!
- Sturdy walking shoes if you plan to attend a tour
- Face mask
- We prefer you as a guest, not a resident (yet!)
- Per City of Philadelphia regulations, face masks are required in all indoor spaces.
- To maintain the safety of visitors and staff, we strongly recommend wearing a face mask and practicing social distancing while at Laurel Hill and West Laurel Hill Cemeteries, regardless of vaccination status.
The Gift Shop will be open for all your spooky cemetery needs!
- Accessible parking is limited and available across from the entrance at 3822 Ridge Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19132
- An accessible restroom is available.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have specific accessibility questions