Water As Witness Walking Tour at Laurel Hill on Saturday, April 24, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Whether it be frozen on mountaintops, liquid in the ocean, forming into rivers and streams, flowing through underground piping, bubbling up from deep wells, or exiting via faucets and into bathtubs, water can be a constant in our lives – and a silent witness to our deaths, or even an unwelcome visitor after we are long gone. This tour reveals a water connection to a wide range of Laurel Hill denizens. Stops will include the graves of passengers in the worst maritime disasters of the 19th and 20th centuries, student deaths at a prestigious boarding school, medical martyrs of a devastating epidemic, and a family seemingly haunted by a water curse. And then there is always that evening dip in the ocean or a rude awakening by the water department.
So grab your favorite bottle of water and hydrate yourself for a unique stroll high above the banks of the Schuylkill River while exercising your brain waves. After this tour you might never look at water the same way again because it might just bear witness to you!
The walking tour will take place on Saturday, April 24, 2021 at 1:00 pm, departing from Laurel Hill Cemetery’s Gatehouse entrance at 3822 Ridge Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19132. Free parking is located in the lot across the street from the Gatehouse.
Tickets must be purchased in advance.
Ticket pricing is $15/General Admission, $13/Seniors (65 & Up), $13/Students with ID, $10/Members, $7.50/Youth (6-12), and $0/Child (5 & Under). Please note - youth and children must be accompanied by an adult.
Tour Guide: Nancy Wright
Social Distancing Guidelines for In-Person Tours
To maintain the safety of guests and staff the following guideline are in effect for all in-person tours:
- Tickets must be purchased in advance and tours are limited to 15 people.
- There will be a table set up for check-in. A staff person will ask screening questions before admitting guests on the tour to make sure guests have not been exposed to COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will issue you a refund or credit for your ticket purchase.
- Anyone older than 2 years of age must wear a mask or face covering over their nose and mouth at all times
- Everyone on the tour must practice social distancing with anyone outside of their household
- A staff person will be on hand on the tour to ensure that these guidelines are followed
- Guests acknowledge that the Friends of Laurel Hill & West Laurel Hill Cemeteries reserves the right to disclose the identity and contact information of any and all guests to government-authorized individuals, agencies, or organizations for the purposes of contact-tracing in adherence with local, state, or federal requirements, recommendations, or guidelines.
- Anyone who receives a positive test result for COVID-19 within 14 days of attending an in-person program should email email@example.com immediately.