Friday, September 13, 2019 at 8:00 PM
WHAT TO EXPECT FOR TONIGHT:
A few things to note:
EVENT LOCATION & SCHEDULE (See map attached for details)
The movie will be shown in front of the WXYZ Circle in the North of the Cemetery at 8:00 pm. (The run time of the movie is an hour and forty-six minutes and it is rated PG.)
- Gates will open at 7:00 pm.
- Volunteers will be on hand to assist with vehicle parking and guiding you to the program location.
- Check in at the Will Call table inside the courtyard by the Gatehouse.
- For everyone to be able to see the screen clearly, we ask that blankets be set up on the grass up front and chairs on the pavement. Volunteer will be on hand to assist with seating.
- Restrooms are available on site. The closest restrooms are at the Gatehouse; signage & lights will be provided to guide you to them. (You can also ask a volunteer to direct you.)
FOOD AND DRINKS
- You can bring in your own picnic.
- Food will also be available from Foolish Waffles.
- Ice cold beverages will be available at our Cash Bar (we do not have an ATM on site).
WEATHER & CONDITIONS
The weather is expected to be partly cloudy with the temperature in the high 60s, so please prepare accordingly. Seating is on the grass or pavement so please also wear comfortable shoes and bring a flashlight as the cemetery gets dark after the sun sets.
GETTING HERE AND LIMITED PARKING
Directions on getting to Laurel Hill Cemetery are linked here. We STRONGLY encourage public transportation, carpooling, and biking since there is limited parking options in and near the cemetery.
- Public Transportation:The 61 Bus stops right outside the Gatehouse, by the main entrance on 3822 Ridge Avenue.
- Bicycles:There are bike racks on your right as you enter through the main gates.
- Parking: There are a few options:
- There is self-pay parking lot at the corner of North Ferry Road and Ridge Avenue in East Falls.
- There is free parking at the parking lot directly across from the Gatehouse at 3822 Ridge Avenue as well as in East Falls Gym Parking lot. Once those lots are full we will be parking cars in the cemetery.
- Accessibility parking is located within the cemetery and parking volunteers can direct you to its location.
- Street Parking is ONLY available along W Indiana Avenue, Shedwick Street and 34th Street located behind Ridge Avenue.
- PLEASE NOTE: Parking on Ridge Avenue between Allegheny Avenue and Strawberry Mansion Drive is dangerous to both cars and pedestrians, we STRONGLY advise cars not to park there.
Pack a picnic, gather some friends or a date, and enjoy an evening under the stars. As the sun sets over Laurel Hill’s historic tombs, the grainy joys of the film experience will be brought to life during the cemetery’s annual summertime movie series. September’s feature film, Gremlins directed by Joe Dante, will be presented in conjunction with the Philadelphia Film Society.
One of the most outrageously entertaining films of the 80s, this dark comedy follows the destruction that ensues when a gang of malevolent supernatural creatures are unleashed on a quaint small town over the course of one mayhem-filled Christmas. This film is rated PG.
The screening will take place on Friday, September 13 at 8:00 pm (with a prescheduled rain date of Saturday, September 14 at 8:00 pm). Gates open at 7:00 pm. Ticket holders can check in at Laurel Hill Cemetery’s Gatehouse entrance, 3822 Ridge Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19132. Free parking is located in the lot directly across the street from the Gatehouse.
Ticket pricing is $12/General Admission, $10/Seniors (65 & Up), $10/Students with ID, $7/Members, $6/Youth (6-12), and $0/Child (5 & Under). Tickets can be purchased at the door or online. Purchasing advance tickets is suggested.
Please note - youth and children must be accompanied by an adult.