Wednesday, August 21, 2019 at 8:30 PM
Event Update: We are ON for tonight and we are SOLD OUT. We will not be selling tickets at the door.
Check out our next Cinema in the Cemetery: Gremlins which will be in September on Friday the 13th!
Below is information is what to expect for tickets holders…
EVENT LOCATION & SCHEDULE (See map attached for details)
The movie will be shown in front of the WXYZ Circle in the North of the Cemetery from 8:30 pm. (The run time of the movie is an hour and thirty-three minutes and it is rated PG.)
• Gates will open at 7:30 pm.
• Volunteers will be on hand to assist with vehicle parking and guiding you to the program location.
• Check in at the Will Call table inside the courtyard by the Gatehouse.
• For everyone to be able to see the screen clearly, we ask that blankets be set up on the grass up front and chairs on the pavement. Volunteer will be on hand to assist with seating.
• Restrooms are available on site. The closest restrooms are at the Gatehouse; signage & lights will be provided to guide you to them. (You can also ask a volunteer to direct you.)
FOOD AND DRINKS
• You can bring in your own picnic.
• Food will also be available for purchase from Bull Dogs.
• Ice cold beverages will be available at our Cash Bar (we do not have an ATM on site).
WEATHER & CONDITIONS
The weather is expected to be partly cloudy with the temperature in the mid 80s, we are seeing a chance of light rain before 8:30 pm, so please prepare accordingly. Seating is on the grass or pavement so please also wear comfortable shoes and bring a flashlight as the cemetery gets dark after the sun sets.
GETTING HERE AND PARKING
Directions on getting to Laurel Hill Cemetery are linked here. We highly encourage public transportation, carpooling, and biking since there are only 100 parking spots on the grounds.
• Public Transportation: The 61 Bus stops right outside the Gatehouse, by the main entrance on 3822 Ridge Avenue.
• Bicycles: There are bike racks on your right as you enter through the main gates.
• Parking: There is a parking lot directly across Ridge Avenue from the Gatehouse with available parking. When that lot is full, volunteers will be directing cars to park inside the cemetery. (Accessible parking is available upon request nearer to the movie location). After the movie, the Central Gate on Hunting Park Avenue will be open for cars to exit and volunteers will direct you to the exit.
Thank you for signing up and see you tonight!
Pack a picnic, gather some friends or a date, and enjoy an evening under the stars. As the sun sets over Laurel Hill’s historic tombs, the grainy joys of the film experience will be brought to life during the cemetery’s annual summertime movie series. August’s feature film, Beetlejuice directed by Tim Burton will be presented in conjunction with the Philadelphia Film Society.
In order to scare away the new residents of their beloved home, two recently deceased newlyweds seek the help of the new homeowners’ angsty teenage daughter and a troublemaking spirit from the netherworld. This film is rated PG.
The screening will take place on Wednesday, August 21 at 8:30pm (with a prescheduled rain date of Friday, August 23 at 8:30pm). Gates open at 7:30pm. Ticket holders can check in at Laurel Hill Cemetery’s Gatehouse entrance, 3822 Ridge Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19132. Free parking is located in the lot directly across the street from the Gatehouse.
Ticket pricing is $12/General Admission, $10/Seniors (65 & Up), $10/Students with ID, $7/Members, $6/Youth (6-12), and $0/Child (5 & Under). Tickets can be purchased at the door or online. Purchasing advance tickets is suggested.
Please note - youth and children must be accompanied by an adult.