The Phantom of the Opera at Laurel Hill Cemetery August 28, 2021 at 8:00 pm
This event is a go for Saturday, August 28!
Pack a picnic, gather some friends or a date, and enjoy an evening under the stars! As the sun sets over the historic tombs, the grainy joys of the film experience will be brought to life during the Friends of Laurel Hill & West Laurel Hill Cemeteries’ annual Cinema in the Cemetery series. Our final film of the season will be The Phantom of the Opera (1929) with live musical accompaniment from Not-So-Silent Cinema and presented in conjunction with the Philadelphia Film Society.
*SUPPORT PHILADELPHIA’S SHARE FOOD PROGRAM AND BRING A CANNED GOOD TO THE CINEMA*
- For a complete list of acceptable items click here Share Food Program Approved Items
- Receive a $5 off discount coupon toward a themed tour at Laurel Hill or West Laurel Hill Cemeteries
About the film:
In this silent horror classic, aspiring young opera singer Christine Daaé (Mary Philbin) discovers that she has a mysterious admirer intent on helping her become a lead performer. This enigmatic masked presence is Erik, also known as the Phantom (Lon Chaney), a horribly disfigured recluse who lives underneath the Paris Opera House. When the Phantom takes Christine prisoner and demands her devotion and affection, her suitor, Vicomte Raoul de Chagny (Norman Kerry), sets out to rescue her.
$18/Seniors (65 & Up)
$18/Students with ID
Free for Children 5 & Under
**Youth and children must be accompanied by an adult.**
We are holding the event tonight, Saturday, August 28 at 8:00 PM as planned!
Use of the inclement weather date will be determined by 3:00 PM on Saturday, August 28 and will be emailed to all ticket holders, updated on our website (www.thelaurelhillcemetery.org), and on our social media accounts. We use the hourly forecast at www.weather.com to make the decision.
EVENT ENTRANCE: Check in will be at Laurel Hill Cemetery’s SOUTH GATE, on the corner of Ridge Avenue and W. Huntingdon Street.
- GENERAL PARKING is limited, free, self-park, and available on a first come, first served basis at:
The Dell Music Center
2400 Strawberry Mansion Drive
Philadelphia, PA 19132
- Parking is also available in the neighborhood/along Ridge Avenue across from the Dell and Cemetery South Gate Entrance.
- RIDE SHARE DROP OFF (UBER/LYFT): Use The Dell Music Center address
- ACCESSIBLE PARKING is available by entering at 3822 Ridge Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19132. If you need accessible parking, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- SEPTA PUBLIC TRANSIT: Route 61 bus drops off at the corner of Ridge Avenue and W. Huntingdon Street, right by the event entrance.
- BICYCLES: Are allowed in the cemetery.
**Check your email inbox (including Spam/Junk) the day before the event for additional information and directions.**
- Click here for visiting guidelines.
- You are welcome to bring refreshments and snacks.
- Nutz About Popcorn will be selling their popcorn and a cash donation bar will be available.
- Portable toilets, including an accessible toilet, will be available.
- COVID-19 Safety:
- All employees and visitors (including children who are too young to be vaccinated) will be required to wear a mask while inside our buildings.
- Unvaccinated people are strongly encouraged to wear them on the grounds.