RESCHEDULED Walking Tour at West Laurel Hill on Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Due to inclement weather on Saturday, February 20, 2021, this tour has been rescheduled to Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 1:00 pm.
In honor of Black History Month, West Laurel Hill Cemetery will pay tribute to some of those black Americans who overcame discrimination and adversity to make significant contributions to society, from Dennie Hoggard, Jr. who (along with teammate Wallace Triplett) was the first black football player to play in the Cotton Bowl, popular musician Teddy Pendergrass and civil rights leaders Raymond and Sadie Alexander.
The walking tour will take place on Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 1:00 pm. This walking tour departs from the West Laurel Hill Funeral Home at 225 Belmont Avenue Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004. Free parking is located adjacent to the Funeral Home and directions are given here.
Tickets must be purchased in advance.
Ticket pricing is $15/General Admission, $13/Seniors (65 & Up), $13/Students with ID, $10/Members, $7.50/Youth (6-12), and $0/Child (5 & Under). Please note - youth and children must be accompanied by an adult.
Tour Guide: Rachel Wolgemuth & Sarah Hamill
Social Distancing Guidelines for In-Person Tours
To maintain the safety of guests and staff the following guideline are in effect for all in-person tours:
- Tickets must be purchased in advance and tours are limited to 15 people.
- There will be a table set up for check-in. A staff person will ask screening questions before admitting guests on the tour to make sure guests have not been exposed to COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19, please email email@example.com and we will issue you a refund or credit for your ticket purchase.
- Anyone older than 2 years of age must wear a mask or face covering over their nose and mouth at all times
- Everyone on the tour must practice social distancing with anyone outside of their household
- A staff person will be on hand on the tour to ensure that these guidelines are followed
- Guests acknowledge that the Friends of Laurel Hill & West Laurel Hill Cemeteries reserves the right to disclose the identity and contact information of any and all guests to government-authorized individuals, agencies, or organizations for the purposes of contact-tracing in adherence with local, state, or federal requirements, recommendations, or guidelines.
- Anyone who receives a positive test result for COVID-19 within 14 days of attending an in-person program should email firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.