Winter Walking Tour at Laurel Hill on Sunday, January 24, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Bark, Buds and Berries, a walking tour through Laurel Hill Cemetery, will highlight the wintry phase of our Arboretum. Join Arboretum Manager, Aaron Greenberg in a discussion of some of his favorite specimens. We’ll focus on some prominent evergreen trees, while identifying trees without their leaves by their bark, branch arrangement, berries, and buds. Special attention will be given to trees with historical significance to Laurel Hill and Philadelphia horticulture. Aaron is a Certified Master Arborist by the International Society of Arboriculture, and will be available to answer questions about any of the beautiful trees of Laurel Hill Cemetery.
The walking tour will take place on Sunday, January 24, 2021 at 1:00 pm, departing from Laurel Hill Cemetery’s Gatehouse entrance at 3822 Ridge Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19132. Free parking is located in the lot across the street from the Gatehouse.
Tickets must be purchased in advance.
Ticket pricing is $15/General Admission, $13/Seniors (65 & Up), $13/Students with ID, $10/Members, $7.50/Youth (6-12), and $0/Child (5 & Under).
Please note - youth and children must be accompanied by an adult.
Tour Guide: Aaron Greenberg
Social Distancing Guidelines for In-Person Tours
To maintain the safety of guests and staff the following guideline are in effect for all in-person tours:
- Tickets must be purchased in advance and tours are limited to 10 people.
- There will be a table set up for check-in. A staff person will ask screening questions before admitting guests on the tour to make sure guests have not been exposed to COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19, please email email@example.com and we will issue you a refund or credit for your ticket purchase.
- Anyone older than 2 years of age must wear a mask or face covering over their nose and mouth at all times
- Everyone on the tour must practice social distancing with anyone outside of their household
- A staff person will be on hand on the tour to ensure that these guidelines are followed
- Guests acknowledge that the Friends of Laurel Hill & West Laurel Hill Cemeteries reserves the right to disclose the identity and contact information of any and all guests to government-authorized individuals, agencies, or organizations for the purposes of contact-tracing in adherence with local, state, or federal requirements, recommendations, or guidelines.
- Anyone who receives a positive test result for COVID-19 within 14 days of attending an in-person program should email firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.