Friday, April 30 - Sunday, May 2
Laurel Hill and West Laurel Hill Cemeteries together form a 265-acre Level II Accredited Arboretum with over 4,000 trees of over 500 different species and cultivars! On Arbor Day weekend, you can compete in a scavenger hunt to find 20 of our most interesting trees living at both cemeteries. To find these special trees, you can use our new web-based app, TreeKeeper: westlaurelhillcem.treekeepersoftware.com
TreeKeeper will allow you to search our entire tree collection by species, tag number, cemetery section, and a variety of other search criteria. If you are on site on your mobile device, the app will even locate you and show you where you are in the cemetery, and what trees are near you! Explore our arboretum over Arbor Day weekend by using TreeKeeper and you could win some great prizes!
How To Enter:
- Get the Form:
-Pick up a physical copy of the Arbor Day Scavenger Hunt form from either Laurel Hill’s brochure boxes at the Gatehouse or Central entrance on Hunting Park Avenue OR West Laurel Hill at the Funeral Home or Conservatory
-Download the form on this page on April 30th starting at 7am.
- Hunt for the Trees
Fill out all of the tan boxes with information about each tree
- Submit your form and pictures
Once your form is complete, take a picture and submit it with 3-5 of your tree images in one of these ways:
- Email them to email@example.com with the subject “Scavenger Hunt” and include your Instagram handle or Facebook name
- Send via Facebook or Instagram messenger to Laurel Hill Cemetery’s or West Laurel Hill Cemetery’s accounts
- Post 3-5 pictures of your tree findings on Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #LaurelHillArborDayHunt and/or tag @WestLaurelHill or @LaurelHillCemetery on Instagram or Facebook (Send your form privately so you don’t give away answers!)
*Note: Social media profiles must be public to be entered this way.
Once your completed hunt form and images are sent in, you will be entered to win. Complete submissions will be randomly selected and winners will be announced the following week.
- 1ST PRIZE – A tree of your very own! Laurel Hill’s Arboretum Manager will talk with you to help you decide the best tree for your home and conditions, and then will provide that tree for you to take home and plant! First prize winner also gets a signed copy of Deer-Resistant Native Plants for the Northeast by our very own Horticulturist, Gregg Tepper
- 2ND PRIZE - $50 gift card to Primex and a signed copy of Deer-Resistant Native Plants for the Northeast by Gregg Tepper
- 3RD PRIZE - a signed copy of Deer-Resistant Native Plants for the Northeast by Gregg Tepper
Submitted pictures will be shared to the cemeteries social media channels and e-blasts.