Walking Tour and Victorian Picnic at Laurel Hill on Sunday, May 23, 2020 at 11:00 am
Before the existence of public parks and botanical gardens, there were few retreats from the crowded city for 19th-century Philadelphians. Boasting breathtaking art, stunning architecture and carefully curated horticulture, Victorians flocked to Laurel Hill with their picnics in tow for reflection, relaxation and recreation. Spend a morning enjoying the grounds, a panoramic river view and towering monuments just like Victorians did 184 years ago on this guided walking tour. Bring your own picnics, blankets and/or beach chairs if you would like to enjoy a picnic on the grounds after the tour. Victorian-themed attire is very much encouraged.
The walking tour will take place on Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 11:00 am. Enter at Laurel Hill Cemetery’s Gatehouse entrance at 3822 Ridge Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19132. Free parking is located in the lot across the street from the Gatehouse.
Tickets must be purchased in advance.
Ticket pricing is $15/General Admission, $13/Seniors (65 & Up), $13/Students with ID, $10/Members, $7.50/Youth (6-12), and $0/Child (5 & Under). Please note - youth and children must be accompanied by an adult.
Tour Guide: Patricia Silverman
Social Distancing Guidelines for In-Person Tours
To maintain the safety of guests and staff the following guideline are in effect for all in-person tours:
- Tickets must be purchased in advance and tours are limited to 15 people.
- There will be a table set up for check-in. A staff person will ask screening questions before admitting guests on the tour to make sure guests have not been exposed to COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will issue you a refund or credit for your ticket purchase.
- Anyone older than 2 years of age must wear a mask or face covering over their nose and mouth at all times
- Everyone on the tour must practice social distancing with anyone outside of their household
- A staff person will be on hand on the tour to ensure that these guidelines are followed
- Guests acknowledge that the Friends of Laurel Hill & West Laurel Hill Cemeteries reserves the right to disclose the identity and contact information of any and all guests to government-authorized individuals, agencies, or organizations for the purposes of contact-tracing in adherence with local, state, or federal requirements, recommendations, or guidelines.
- Anyone who receives a positive test result for COVID-19 within 14 days of attending an in-person program should email email@example.com immediately.