Dance Class at Laurel Hill on Sunday, May 23, 2021 from 2:00 to 4:00 pm
The Friends of Laurel Hill & West Laurel Hill Cemeteries are partnering with 5 Rhythms to explore the joy of dance through a waves class, once a month from March to November. Join us for ecstatic movement in the cemetery!
Waves Class Structure
Warm-up Wave, short Talk & Demonstration, 2nd Wave, Closing.
Waves are the foundation and fundamentals of the 5Rhythms practice. The rhythms of FLOWING, STACCATO, CHAOS, LYRICAL and STILLNESS® are guiding us into an embodied state of being. The focus of the Waves level is experiencing the body as a fluid entity, with the outcome that we discover our feet and stop holding our breath.
Created by Gabrielle Roth and practiced by tens of thousands worldwide, 5Rhythms is a philosophy, perspective, performance art and dynamic movement practice rooted in the principle that if you put the psyche in motion it will heal itself. Movement is both the medicine and the metaphor, reaching across all languages, cultures and age groups to transform suffering into art, art into awareness, and awareness into action.
Wherever the 5Rhythms are practiced, a community is born to dance, to sweat, to change, to support, and to provide a safe space for each of us to shatter the ego’s hold and awaken the juicy, unpredictable, fascinating, edge-walking, rock star part of ourselves that yearns to be free.
Creativity. Connection. Community.
This class will take place on Sunday, May 23, 2021 from 2:00 to 4:00 pm, in the Valley View section of Laurel Hill Cemetery at 3822 Ridge Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19132. Further instructions regarding space, what to bring and parking will be sent to ticket holders the Friday before class.
Tickets are $20 and must be purchased in advance through 5Rhythms.
Class is open to beginners and all levels of experience.
Instructor: Megan Kelly
Social Distancing Guidelines for In-Person Classes
To maintain the safety of guests and staff the following guideline are in effect for all in-person tours:
- Tickets must be purchased in advance and tours are limited to 20 people.
- There will be a table set up for check-in. A staff person will ask screening questions before admitting guests into the class to make sure guests have not been exposed to COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will issue you a refund or credit for your ticket purchase.
- Anyone older than 2 years of age must wear a mask or face covering over their nose and mouth at all times
- Everyone in the class must practice social distancing with anyone outside of their household
- A staff person will be on hand during the class to ensure that these guidelines are followed
- Guests acknowledge that the Friends of Laurel Hill & West Laurel Hill Cemeteries reserves the right to disclose the identity and contact information of any and all guests to government-authorized individuals, agencies, or organizations for the purposes of contact-tracing in adherence with local, state, or federal requirements, recommendations, or guidelines.
- Anyone who receives a positive test result for COVID-19 within 14 days of attending an in-person program should email email@example.com immediately.