Apply to Vend at the Market of the Macabre!
Apply to be a vendor among a curated collection of unusual antiques, assorted oddities, vintage items, artwork, and handmade wares at this in-person market produced by the Friends of Laurel Hill & West Laurel Hill Cemeteries!
*The Market of the Macabre will now be held in May instead of September.*
Deadline for applications: February 25, 2022
Accepted vendors will be notified via email no later than March 7, 2022 and vendor fees are due upon acceptance.
2022 Vendor Fee: $75
- 10’ x 10’ space
- One parking spot within the cemetery
- Inclusion on Market event listing on Laurel Hill Cemetery website (www.thelaurelhillcemetery.org)
- Listing and link on Market of the Macabre website (www.marketofthemacabre.org)
- Instagram and Facebook promo posts on Market of the Macabre social media
Additional Vendor Information
- 6’ table (max of one per vendor): $10
- Chairs (no max): $2.50 each
- Tables and chairs are limited and available on a first-come-first-served basis. This will be confirmed with all accepted vendors.
Vendor fees will be collected upon acceptance to vend.
DATE & TIME
The in-person Market will take place on Saturday, May 21 from 12:00 to 5:00 pm, with a rain date of Sunday, May 22 from 12:00 to 5:00 pm at Laurel Hill Cemetery at 3822 Ridge Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19132.
Vendor Load In will be between 9:00 and 11:00 am.
The Market of the Macabre strives to showcase quality makers, artists, and crafters whose work is gothic, dark, witchy, strange, curious, scary, and absurd - the miasma of macabre! Our intent is to promote a diverse array of crafters and artisans as well as community partners.
TYPE OF VENDORS
Examples of what we are looking for:
- Bath, Body, & Beauty Products
- Fiber & Textile Art
- Home décor
- Leather goods
- Original artwork and prints
- Submit high-resolution photos. The images you include will be used for promotion.
- We only accept .jpg or .png format image files in the application. You may not send images in a PDF or Word document.
- Where asked for on the application, include a short, well-written statement/description of business/products written in the third person on the application.
- We strongly encourage that you have an online presence (website, Instagram, Facebook, etc.), though it is not required.
This is a curated market. The selection criteria are:
- Quality of work
- Fit with the Market of the Macabre theme
- Variety of mediums and diversity of vendors
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with additional questions.